MESC is seeking 3 work-study students (6-10 hours per week, per student). Duties include but not limited to: greeting guests, answering phone, copying/scanning, updating the website, maintaining video library records, delivering, organizing and preparing mail, entering event data into database and calendars, assisting with financial reconciliation. May be assigned a media project.
Must have some experience with spreadsheets and be mindful in regards to details; advances math skills a plus but not necessary. Knowledge of web content management software (Drupal especially) useful but not required.
Projects may include:
- media storage organization (indexing images for our instructional materials and social media),
- image and event data entry and
- minor editing (such as segmenting video/audio recordings).
- updating information for the web site.
- No required, but a big plus: being able to commit to evening/weekend events support once or twice per semester, being willing to learn how to film events and download the footage.
Here is an example of a project:
Build and maintain a collection of open source images for classroom teachers and other educators who would like to teach about the Middle East (see digital activities strategy).