Fellowship for Undergraduate, Graduate, and Professional Students
The 2015-2016 Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowship competition has been cancelled.
The Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowship has the goal of awarding fellowships to students pursuing a course of study which requires advanced foreign language training, and who plan to use the training for graduate studies or a career in an international field. The number of fellowships vary year-by-year. See eligibility, requirements, and other details. FAQs, are also important to review.
- being admitted to an Ohio State program;
- being a U.S. citizen or permanent resident; and
- having attained intermediate level or higher proficiency in the proposed language of study (though native fluency will disqualify the applicant).
- Log into Carmen (If you are not currently enrolled at OSU, please notify MESC staff at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click on the "Join" link in the top navigation bar (next to Calendar)
- Read JOIN Instructions and click on "Join" link
- Select "MESC FLAS Fellowship Competition"
- Fill in Registration information
- The application will appear in your courses under the Ongoing category – scroll to the bottom of the page
- Application submission instructions are in the Content section
- Submission of Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by OSU's priority processing deadline;
- Completed Application Form;
- Official up-to-date transcript(s);
- One-page, single-spaced Statement of Intent;
- Three letters of reference; and
- Completed Study Abroad/Domestic Non-OSU form.
- If you are planning to go abroad, the Office of Study Abroad requires a separate application.
- Incomplete Applications will not be considered.